Friday, January 16, 2009

a few words on business cards


I'm not sure if I've said this before, but you should always have business cards, even if you don't currently have a job. Trying to network without one is unprofessional (scribbling your number on a piece of paper – yuck), so I recommend getting a small batch of personal ones printed up, which doesn't have to be very expensive.

When you design yours, consider leaving off your "job title." I was handed a business card the other day that had just the fellow's name and contact info on it, like an old-style calling card. (No, the one shown here is not the one I was given.) I appreciated that there was no clunky description like writer/editor. This solution is particularly useful for those who wear many hats, like maybe you moonlight as a DJ.

1 comment:

Kat Tancock said...

moo.com has some fun and inexpensive cards you can order.